Saturday, July 24, 2004

farewell ...cj odac

Today I went to the odac farewell after the ptm. It was delayed slightly from 4:30 to 6:00. the j2s gathered at the mph . the place was decorated with streamers and balloons and lots of food. When we tried to enter the j1s all lined up in a straight line and gave us salutes.
We enter cautiously and it turned out that the last few j2s who entered got pounced on and wassuped. by the way there was lots of food there(wings, cakes, cookies, nuggets cocktails, jellies, fries, curry but where's the chips!!?)

When I was hanging around there, I remembered the good old days in odac . the sweating long mad runs, sexist games , lessons , friends , the smell and the conflicts alike. I realized the studying and the step down from cca lifestyle is very different. I realized that I m losing touch of odac as my other pals too. Despite the many lessons and memories it gave me, I felt that maybe my passion for odac is not that great after all.

We ate and enjoyed ourselves before we were given a skit by the j1s. it involves many unique experience in odac. Mine was the 2 dollar experience(it’s an odac thing) .after that we had to present a skit due to demand of the j3s. we did the lord of the ring parody and yes.. I did the role of the wife n a council member yup! acting out sex, it was fun! Our show garnered an applause before it was the j2 girls, they did their usual funny songs like baha boys “WHO LET THE DOGS OUT?” and others. After that we had j3 presenting interesting events that were passed down form their generation.

It soon came to the j2 appraisal they got j1s to say out general perception of members.
Mine was the hard working trainings, encouraging, cheerful and positive influence, after that j2s were given adidas boxes containing a tumbler , an envelope containing letters of j1 , socks and odac singlets which I found out later. It was very memorable , we had songs session later, there was mistakes here and there but it was good nonetheless, we took picture and sing at camp fire.

At that very moment I was so sure that I was in odac again, the essence of odac, we hugged each other and sang songs, I wished that I could remain in odac every moment. Busily training up my 2.4 ,screw up my studies, talk crap with the other guys and endure those up and downs which changed me to the way I am now. But I know that I could not have such thoughts as I would not learn as much this way if I am always in odac , I must learn other thing so that I can expose myself to more interesting things. The odac song has been modified too!

I got to speak with some j1s which I know better like galvin ( sportsday ,xp group and xp ending), ren hao (xp group, conversation) marshal(xp group, trainings)  it felt nice to speak with them as a good true friend(not that I don’t have any) and being appreciated(or low self esteem). Several of our members got wazzup too, including our president. We call that opening the durian and we took turns to wazzup him, I got taupoked by over 10 j1s guys and nearly died. And as we cleared we cleared up the mess, I took bus with other j1s we talked a little

On the bus I got look at some of the letters. It felt good to have 20+ praise letters but I know not all of them know me so some would be just to make me feel good, but some would be written or typed with true feelings, I appreciated their efforts anyway and never regretted to be in odac despite some tough moments which I nearly quit (I don’t  know what kept me on) those moment were like wisp of smoke, quick to fade. Perhaps it is my belief in myself. Even if some words are just remarks but it felt good to know some of my actions are positive influence to others or even inspiring! I learn that word no matter how insignificant could cause very large effect. I also know I cannot live off these few words and I should start working to improve my self again, perhaps my studies first(connect and transfer, discipline from odac), these words should only serve as stone slabs on a “margarine slope”. To give me some support so that I will not fall too back if I doubt myself for my action.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home